The Laundry Tarts Laundry DetergentRegular price $ 19.99
This Canadian brand, Laundry Tarts, is a unique planet friendly company offering a funky spin cycle on everyday laundry products. Offering a fun and safe alternative to commercial products! Hypoallergenic, 100% vegan and free of phosphates, EDTA, phthalates, parabens, SLS, SLES, nitrates, sulphites and chlorine! All natural, safe old fashion ingredients
Why you'll love The Laundry Tarts Detergent
- Made in Canada
- 100% vegan and free of phosphates, EDTA, phthalates, parabens, SLS, SLES, nitrates, sulphites and chlorine!
- All natural, safe old fashion ingredients to remove stains, keep whites bright and remove odour and bacteria without masking them with harmful chemical fragrances.
- Laundry Tarts is also completely biodegradable, including the packaging; made with soy inks and recycled bags that break down in any compost.
The Laundry Tarts Ingredients
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda),
- Sodium Carbonate (Soda Wash),
- Sodium Percarbonate (Powdered hydrogen peroxide),
- Sea salt,
- Saponified coconut/canola oil,
- rosemary extract.
- phthalate free essential and
- Unscented; for those who are the most pure of heart and smell.
- Apple Pie: Crisp green apples mounded on a sweet, flaky crust adorned with cinnamon and brown sugar
- Black Forest Cake: Layers of decadent dark chocolate drizzled with blackberry coulis
- Gingerbread Cookie: Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove come together to make your spirits sweet
- Key Lime Pie: A sparkling splash of lime topped with delicate maple meringue foam
- Grapefruit: Fresh, zesty and eyeball popping grapefruit livens up any party.
- Root Beer Float: Effervescently awesome rootbeer floating in a vanilla veil of vivaciousness
- Pina Colada: Exotic pineapple and carefree coconut getting caught in the rain.
How to Use The Laundry Tarts
- For small loads in a traditional top loader, use 2 tablespoons and 4 tablespoons for med-large loads.
- Energy Efficient machines and front loaders: Use 1 tablespoon for small load and 2 tbsp for a large load. Specifically for cloth diaper detergent, less detergent is needed. However, less water means that powdered detergents are harder to dissolve and for that reason we suggest mixing our detergent with ¼ cup of warm water to help it along the way. Because most modern washing machines use much less water, this can also unfortunately lead to the common problem of clothing not being properly rinsed and can leave residues. These residues can cause rash, allergic reaction and can aggravate
skin conditionssuch as eczema and psoriasis. Most health websites recommend doing a double rinse, which surprisingly still uses less water than older machines.
What Laundry Tarts DON'T put in their detergent and why:
The Laundry Tarts are extremely passionate about the environment and are dedicated to providing products that do not harm the environment. They have made a commitment to the earth to use only safe ingredients and follow that commitment in everything they do and make. Even in the natural health field, "green" labels can be deceiving in environmental and health claims, they take their claims to heart so you don't have to worry about what is going on your skin or down your drain.
- Chlorine: Chlorine is very irritating to the skin. It dries out the skin's natural oils and can cause rashes, hives, soreness and irritation to the eyes, lungs and mucus membranes. Chlorine is mostly found in bleach and many detergents and cleaning products. Commonly used to kill unwanted bacteria, when released into oceans, chlorine can kill a large amount of natural bacterias needed for certain aquatic life. An abundance of chlorine has changed the chemical composition of the oceans, which could destroy the symbiotic balance of bacteria in healthy areas of water. Although it has anti-fungal properties to it, there are much healthier alternatives to your skin and to the environment.
- Phosphates: Phosphates are used for their superior cleaning power as they eliminate the soap scum residue leftover from cleaning. Phosphates are made from a phosphorus base, which is a very important mineral for plants and animals. However, the chemical balance of phosphorus is very important to keep in check. Excess phosphorus into rivers, lakes and fresh water can offset the delicate balance of biology and produce an excess of algae and bacteria, making water inhabitable for aquatic life, unsuitable for swimming or ingesting.
- Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulphate (SLS/SLES): SLS/SLES is commonly used in soaps, shampoos, detergents, toothpastes, dish soap, body wash, facial cleansers, hair mousse and any other products that make a lather. SLS/SLES works very well to dissolve grease and adds that wonderful foam to traditional products. Unfortunately SLS/SLES, is a skin irritant and is absorbed into the skin very easily. Like many other commercial ingredients, it is also a xenoestrogen, making it's way to the bloodstream and causing hormonal imbalances in the body.
- Parabens: Parabens are a common preservative, used in thousands of body care and household products and sometimes, even food. Fortunately, many companies are reformulating certain products to eliminate this harmful preservative from being so widely available on store shelves. Parabens are the most well known of xenoestrogens, possibly because it is so commonly used in deodorants, body creams, sun lotions, hair dye, makeups and pretty much anything in your body care regime. The most recent study, done in Texas, has found paraben traces inside of breast tumors, sparking more studies and links related to how the body detoxifies and just how harmful these chemicals really are.
- Phthalates: Phthalates are synthetic fragrance enhancers, commonly used in over 70% of scented soaps, candles, perfumes, shampoo's, body washes, deodorants, air fresheners, detergents, dryer sheets, dish soap and anything commercial containing synthetic fragrances or perfum and are also used as a softening agent in plastics. Phthalates can be irritating to asthma sufferers, cause headaches, migraines, dizziness and are being linked to disrupting hormone levels, feminizing males in the womb and blocking natural hormone receptors in females.
- EDTA: is used as a preservative in cosmetics, food, chelation therapy, the textile industry and pulp mills as well as in laundry detergents for treating hard water. EDTA is more harmful to the environment and can as a hormone disrupting agent according to large study groups.
- Animal Products: Being vegan and vegetarian, we focus on only using cruelty-free, 100 % vegan ingredients. We do not use beef or animal tallow nor products containing bees wax, gelatin or dairy Please note that because we use very pure ingredients, clothing will be lightly scented. Just like doing your dishes, you wouldn't want your plates smelling like soap residue. We use only phthalate free oils, meaning no ingredients will be left on your clothing; only a fresh, clean smell from dissolving odours-not masking them with synthetic fragrances. If you would like your clothing to have a stronger scent, try our dryer sheet sprays, specifically designed to leave your clothing with delicious dessert scents without the chemical residue or harmful effects of commercial fragrances.